Love helping people with their Rails deployments? Come work for The Machine! Rails Machine is hiring a part-time or full-time Ruby on Rails Support Engineer in Atlanta, GA or the surrounding area.
As a Ruby on Rails Support Engineer, you would work with the existing Rails Machine team to:
- Support existing customers’ Ruby on Rails deployments
- Deploy new customers’ Ruby on Rails applications
- Write documentation covering common problems
- Write software to automate anything you do more than twice
In addition to the above work, which can all be performed from the comfort of your home office, your back patio, our coworking space, or anywhere you can find the internets, the following work will need to be occasionally performed onsite at our two Atlanta data centers.
- Unbox, rack, cable, and configure new servers
- Perform basic server maintenance (replace hard drives, etc)
You should be comfortable with all of these things:
You should be excited to learn about these things:
- TDD/BDD with RSpec
Rails Machine is a small business, so this will be anything but a boring job. We all wear many hats, but have a damn good time doing it. Oh, and if you like strange beers, that helps too, as we’re running out of names for our servers.
If this sounds like fun to you, please send your resume, a link to your GitHub account, and a note explaining why you’d be perfect for the job to Jesse Newland. Thanks!