This Privacy Statement was updated on May 25th, 2018.
- Privacy Statement Rails Machine, LLC., a Georgia corporation ("RM"), operates this web site. RM regards the privacy and security of user information as a critical component of the service that we offer to our users. The following information explains our information gathering and dissemination practices.
- Registration When you access certain areas of our web site, we may ask you to give us information about yourself ("Registration Data").
- Registration Data We use Registration Data to tailor our site and service to your particular needs. We also use Registration Data to send you information about our company, products and services and to keep you informed of enhancements and complementary products in which you might be interested. We use demographic and profile information to tailor your experience at our site, showing you the content that we think you might be interested in as well as displaying the content according to your preferences. You may choose to stop receiving future communications from us. Please see the Opt-Out and Discontinue Section below.
- IP Addresses IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as "traffic data" so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you. RM will not use your IP address to attempt to identify your personal information.
- Referers A Referer is the information passed along by a web browser that references the Web URL you linked from, and is automatically collected by our web server as "traffic data". This information is used by RM to identify broad demographic trends that may be used to provide information tailored to your interests. You will not be personally identified from this information.
- System Information System information we collect as part of "traffic data" includes time, the type of web browser being used, the operating system/platform, and CPU speed. This information is sent automatically by your web browser when you are connected to a web site. This information is used by RM in identifying broad demographic trends and may be used to provide information appropriate for your computer system. You will not be personally identified from this information.
- Sharing of Information RM feels strongly that your personal data should only be seen by you, unless you choose to share it with others. We will never sell, rent, license or exchange personally identifiable data with a third party without your permission. No personally identifiable data or information will be shared with advertisers or partners without your permission. Some of your information may be shared on an aggregate basis only, as a part of a larger set of statistics (for example, statistics that indicate the percentage of our members that are female), but that information will not be sufficient to permit the recipient to identify you. Notwithstanding the forgoing, RM will only disclose personally identifiable data without your permission in the following limited circumstances: (i) if RM is required to do so by law, or (ii) if RM has the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to applicable laws or comply with legal process served on RM, or to protect and defend the rights or property of RM or another subscriber or to enforce the Terms of Service.
- Other Web Sites, Links, And Advertisers This web site contains links to other web sites. RM advertisers may also have links on this web site. The privacy practices of those advertisers or web sites linked to RM are not covered by this privacy statement and RM is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. Additionally, if you make a purchase from a store or merchant listed on or linked to the RM web site, any information that you give, such as your credit card number and contact information, is provided to those merchants. These merchants have separate privacy and data collection practices and RM has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. You should be careful to review any privacy policies posted on any linked sites before signing up with and using them.
- Children Under Age of Thirteen We do not collect any registration information form users who indicate they are under the age of thirteen (13). If a user under the age of thirteen (13) attempts to register with RM, RM notifies the user that he or she is not eligible to become a member of RM's service and we do not collect or use any personal information from that child. Except in those limited instances described above, RM will not share personally identifiable information about our users with third parties without your permission, and we do not sell, license or rent personal information about any of our members, regardless of age.
- Security Information collected by RM is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. All of our employees are dedicated to maintaining and upholding your privacy and security and are aware of our privacy and security policies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, RM cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- Request of Information At any time, our customers may request access to the personal information stored at RM by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team can provide that information and assist you with updating or removing any information at the customer or authorized representative's request.
- Opt-Out and Discontinue You may elect to avoid future communications from RM by sending us an email at email@example.com indicating your Username and E-mail address and requesting to opt-out and discontinue future communications. Under urgent circumstances, RM may be required to send you information about the service or your account, but RM will not send you unsolicited communications regarding any commercial offers or advertisements if you have opted out or discontinued the service.
- Update/Edit Registered users, you may update or edit their account and personal information previously entered by logging in with their user ID and password, and then following the instructions.
- GDPR ComplianceThe Global Data Protection Regulation applies to all entities and individuals based in the EU and to any individuals that process the personal data of individuals residing inside the EU. These laws control how businesses collect, process, store, and destroy all manner of personal and personally identifiable data to ensure it is handled lawfully, and with privacy and best interest of the individual in mind.
Rails Machine's Data Center is located in the United States but provides service for customers all over the world. For this reason, we have taken reasonable steps to ensure GDPR compliance where possible. Ultimately we cannot control how a customer uses an individual instace, but provide assistance wherever possible to those customers in meeting and maintaining GDPR compliance.
- Rails Machine's role under GDPR RM acts as both data processor and data controller under the GDPR.
As Data Processor, RM Customers in and out of the EU may use our services to process EU personal data. In those instances it is up to the customer to comply with specific GDPR legal obligations, and the RM Team is available to assist with any part of that process. RM will only process information housed on customer instances at the direct request and under the supervision of the customer, and exclusively pursuant to our role in supporting that customer.
As Data Controller, RM will store only such information provided by customers as is necessary to provide their security and support along with technical and administrative contact information. This information would include such items as Customer Names, authorized contacts, phone numbers, email addresses, and IP addresses. This data is stored securely, only used in the scope of providing services and security, and may be updated or removed at any time on request.
- Data Protection AgreementBy agreeing to our Terms of Service and Master Service Agreements, you have automatically accepted our DPA. A copy of our DPA is available here for your reference.
Rails Machine, LLC
Submit a Support Request : support.railsmachine.com